Friday, July 4, 2014

Collecting Numbers

  As I have said in other places on my blog, I am single. I am also content with being single though. Honestly, I have to give the credit to God for me being so content with me still being single, I've always been single. He taught me how to be happy with what situations he's places me in my life, he uses them for my good, to mold and make me into the person he wants me to be. Although I am content being single I still want someone in my life, I still want to get married and have kids. I just do, its what I've always wanted.
  Here lately (the last 6 months or so), I have had lots of guys me out, ask for my number, or give me their number. I feel flattered every time, sure it gets old sometimes (especially since some of these guys are old, or they have a girlfriend/wife, thankfully I haven't had to many creepy guys actually try and make the "move", normally its just comments from the guys I consider creepy, yay for that!), but overall I don't mind it. Most of the time I give them my number... But here's the thing, over half these guys that I give my number to I already know I'm not into them, but I feel bad, I have no reason not to be interested in them. Some of them just aren't attractive at all, others of them are but for some reason I just don't like them, but still I feel like I should give them all a chance.
 Within the last month alone I have gave four guys my number that had asked, I had at least six people ask for my number, but those other two were kinda old. Within the past year I have gave/ been given at least ten times, that doesn't count all the guys I rejected when they gave me their number/asked for mine. Until the last two months I was being very careful on who I gave my number out to, I would reject most of the guys, but apparently not enough of them.
 Now, I'm tired of collecting numbers. What's the point? Do I really need to give every single guy a chance? Especially since I already know I'm not interested before I give the number out. There really isn't a point. The only thing I'm doing when I give a guy my number that I'm not interested in is setting up for giving the guy a "heart break". I don't need to do that.
 So I decided I'm done collecting numbers. Unless of course I actually see potential in the guy. In reality any guy I want isn't going to see me one time, think I'm pretty then ask for my number only because I'm pretty. I want him to try and get to know me first, that's the type of guy that is most likely not just looking for a "booty call".


                                                                                                                                                07-04-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment