Monday, June 23, 2014

God Completes Me

  I bought some Christian T-Shirts to wear at work, so that I can witness while working. One says "He Completes Me" then it has 1 John 4:12 on it. The only thing I liked about this shirt was the "puzzle" shaped like a heart with a cross in the middle. I tried and take this shirt off my order, but it was to late. I was stuck with it...
  It took me at least two weeks before I wore this shirt to work, it wasn't that I was ashamed by it, it was just that I was afraid someone would ask me a question that I wouldn't be able to answer it.
 The day I first wore it, I felt so stupid in it. The day went by, a few people commented on how its a cool shirt, that made me feel a little better about the shirt. The day was about half way over when this guy comes in buys something, I have no clue anymore what it was, then he reads my shirt.
 "He completes me? How so?"
"Um, I don't know he just does." I finally reply, my words felt so scrambled. Its not very often I'm speechless but I was then. I thought to myself, yep this is exactly why I didn't want to wear it. Then I decided I'm not going to wear that shirt again until I can answer that question, I feel like I should have been able to answer it then, and if I really was able to a seed would have been planted in his heart, but I failed.
  I came up with an answer this evening at work. "How does God complete me?" God completes me though his love, the love that gives me hope of eternal life. Its that simple.
  I'm gonna be honest here, if it wasn't for God's love I would have killed myself at the age of twelve, I was so depressed, not really for an "logical" reason, but I was, I hated my life. God gave hope, God showed me people did care, people did love me. God showed me that he loves me, God gave me hope. The hope of an awesome future in heaven with him. That's how he completes me.


                                                                                                                                                06-23-2014                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment