Thursday, May 14, 2015

Just Keep Waiting...

 God taught me a lesson of patience yesterday. Over the past two weeks or so, someone had put a taped up Busch Light 12pk of bottles in the cooler. Everyone always hates buying any beer if the box is taped up. I never will understand why, the beer drinks just the same, and they are gonna tear up the box anyways. But whatever.
 The only person who buys the Busch Light 12pk of bottles, didn't want this 12pk, so he kept grabbing the one behind it and leaving the other pack somewhere it didn't belong. This drove me crazy, but I made sure he didn't see my frustration. Every time he saw me, he joking told me if I'll take two dollars off he would buy it. I refused, I'm not the person to talk to, to discount an item. I knew it was bothering him to move it the three times a day he would come in to get a 12pk, more then it bothered me.
 Finally yesterday as I was stocking beer I decided to put a hot 12pk behind it. If he came in and didn't want that one I would have got a cold one in the back. His girlfriend came in for him instead. She tried to get the one in the back, but she realized it was hot, so she finally bought the broken up package 12pk! This was the highlight of my night! I'd waited two weeks for someone to buy this one pack, and I finally sold it. Woahoo! The entire time I was ringing her up I kept smiling inside thinking "I win!". I had won. I finally after two weeks sold it. The person who refused to buy it, finally ended up with it. Haha.
 I know patience is a hard thing, but like in this story, I knew if I kept putting that 12pk pack in the cooler, eventually somebody would buy it. I waited two whole weeks. Unfortunately, most things that require patience will take longer then two weeks, but don't worry. God's timing is perfect. If I sold that 12pk the same day someone broke the packaging I wouldn't have experienced the happiness I did when I finally sold it. The reward of sticking through that guys annoying comments and complaints paid off. It doesn't matter what you're waiting for, whether it is as small as waiting for someone to buy something, or as big as waiting for the person of your dreams, being patience is always worth it. So, stay strong and just... Just keep waiting. Just keep waiting. Just keep waiting.




                                                                                                                                                  4-31-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment