Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Priorities

Pack of smokes. $3.26. Emergency, emergency.
  What's wrong with this picture? If you guessed what's wrong with it; is that it's all change, you're wrong. I don't care this guy gave to two bags full of counted change, I am actually very appreciative that he actually counted out the change for me, instead of what most people do. *Dumps a bag full of change on the counter and makes me count it, with a line of customers behind him.*
 As this guy gives me two bags like this, he began to tell me how he hasn't worked for almost two weeks. He told me he works all the way in the city, which is at least 30 miles away. He said whenever his work calls him back, he won't even be able to get there. He has no gas money.
 I'm sorry, but there are some things in life that I just don't understand, this right here is one of those things. He just spent $6.52 on cigarettes. Why the heck doesn't he just save up the $6.52 for gas? That's almost three gallons. I know that won't get him far, but that's at least a start. If he would have saved all that other money he wasted on cigarettes then he would have a whole lot more money for gas.
 So many times I'll see situations like that at my job. So many broke adults will feed their addictions before they'll feed their kids. I can't even comprehend that. I've never had a true addiction, but I do understand addictions are a very powerful, but nothing is too powerful to be overcame.
 It's a matter of priorities. Which is more important: Cigarettes, alcohol, and lottery, or gas money to drive to work, food to feed your family, etc.




                                                                                                                                                05-11-2015


No comments:

Post a Comment