Saturday, June 20, 2015

Be Careful Little Feet Where You Go

 A guy named Dusty and his friend Randal came in this afternoon. Dusty is this nice, loud, obnoxious, druggie, drunk. Randal is a decently quiet, nice, party animal, that has a huge crush on me. They come in together at least once a week and buy a bunch of beer for their "parties".
Randal bought a half pint of Captain Morgan and a pack of Camel wide lights. Dusty was next in line, I really don't remember what he bought anymore though.
 "What time do you get off tonight?" Dusty asked me.
 "Nine." I replied.
 "Oh wow," He looked shocked that it would be so late. "Well after you're off do you wanna come swimming with us?" I wasn't sure how to decline, so I gave it my best shot.
 "Uh, no thanks." I don't think there is a polite way to say they aren't the type of people I want to hang out with, so I just stuck with no.
 "What? Why not?" he looked confused. "Oh, I bet I know what it is. You don't know how to swim."
 "Yeah, that's exactly it." I said sarcastically with a smile.
 Don't get me wrong, swimming would have been nice. I love swimming. Yet, I declined because I knew there would be more then swimming involved. There would have been skinny dipping, drugs, and booze. Although I could have went swimming with them and not got involved with all those things, why would I want to put myself in a situation where I would most likely be pushed to do things that I know better then to do. I wouldn't. That's just stupid.
  Yet, I put myself in different situations with Kevin that make it hard to say no to sex. Almost every time that I put myself in a bad situation I do bad things. Why the heck do I keep putting myself in these situations? Why can't I just refuse to be put in a bad situation like I did today? I really don't know the answer to that. I just know God used Dusty to help remind me I need to be more careful, and make sure I don't put myself somewhere I could possibly do something wrong. I really need to quit putting myself in a situation that I know might cause me to sin.
 This blog reminded me of a song I used to sing as a child. O Be Careful.
O be careful little eyes what you see
For the Father up above
Is looking down in love
So be careful little eyes what you see.
O be careful little ears what you hear
For the Father up above
Is looking down in love
So be careful little ears what you hear.
O be careful little tongue what you say
For the Father up above
Is looking down in love
So be careful little tongue what you say.
O be careful little hands what you do
For the Father up above
Is looking down in love
So be careful little hands what you do
O be careful little feet where you go
For the Father up above
Is looking down in love
So be careful little feet where you go




                                                                                                                                                06-20-2015










No comments:

Post a Comment