Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I Can't Take It With Me

 Saturday afternoon when I went into work Sally told me to keep an eye out for a wallet. Someone had lost their wallet with $1,800 in it. That surprised me how someone managed to lose a wallet with that much money in it. That's a lot of money...
 The day went by, I had completed forget about that wallet Sally told me about. Until the owner came in. He was second in line and somehow it was brought up that he had lost that much money. The first guy in line said "Wow! I'd be so upset if I lost that much money." The owner of the wallet shrugged his shoulders.
 "I can't take it with me." He didn't say much, but what he said was perfect.

 With all this wedding planning, as I'm sure you imagine, I am spending a lot of money. I hate spending money... When my bank account goes down, I freak out. I love to save money. I very rarely ever buy myself anything nice for this reason.
 God gave me a reminder Saturday with that man. While it is good to save money, in the end it's just that. Money. When I die, it's not gonna matter if I have $5,000 in bank account, or $50 in it. I can't take it with me. What is gonna matter how I lived my life on this earth. Did I use any of that money to help those in need? Did I share the gospel with whoever I came across? Was I an example to this lost world? Did I live my life 100% for God, not holding anything back? How I lived my life is really what matters when I die, not the possessions I had on this earth. 
 Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. KJV Where is your heart?



                                                                                                                                               06-27-2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment