Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Twilight Zone

 Tonight a guy comes in twenty minutes before close. This guy is well, different... Most people would use a filthy word to describe him, but lets just say he can be a jerk. He complains a lot. There's always something wrong with him. Whether he had just fallen off of a ladder and broke his leg, to having carpal tunnel surgery done on his wrist, to his high blood pressure medicine causing his body to swell up in the sun. I have never seen him without something or another being wrong. Well, as I was saying, he came in tonight, so far so good. He was unhappy that we was out of his Busch Signature Copper Lager, but that's understandable I guess. He settled on a six pack of Busch cans instead. He started to complain about how he had some trespassers, but the law won't do anything about it. I suggested he get proof, you know, take some pictures or something. To my surprise he has already took some pictures. He's even already showed the sheriff them too, and apparently they aren't good enough. This guy pulled his phone out and started to show me the pictures of these as he called them hunters. The only thing was, there was nothing there! Literally all I seen was woods. Yeah, there was a few odd looking things, but those are what I call branches, grass, trees, leaves. Not cowboy hats, rifles, camouflages, helmets, night vision goggles, and people. Yeah, you read that right. There was one picture he showed me that was supposedly some guy getting hanged. No one was getting hung. He has counted 15 of these hunters, they won't leave his place either. This guy truly believes this. He said he was scared to go outside in his yard now. Who wouldn't be, if that was really happening? I sure as heck would.
It's just sad, there was obviously no people in those photos, but he would bet his life that there really is people there. Nobody believes him of course. The sheriff asked him if he has been hallucinating a lot here lately, and told him if he calls them out again, this guy will have to start seeing a therapist.
 A week later: He came in and told me these hunters now have horses also! This story keeps getting bigger and bigger! His neighbor actually came in the store once and informed me everything this guy says about the hunters isn't true. His exact words. "He's either on to much medication or not taking enough."
  A month later: He came in and told me how he and these hunters shot a deer at the same time (one day BEFORE rifle season, I should add), there was eight of them and just him so they ended up getting the deer.  On the bright side, at least he has talked to these people now... he followed them home once. Apparently, they live less then 2 miles away from me. I don't know the person who lives in the house he claims where these hunters live, but I'm pretty sure it's an old man. Crazy.
 Have you ever seen The Twilight Zone? I have always loved this show. It always makes you think. Does stuff like that actually happen? Well most of it, probably can't, but still. Either way, this guy reminds me of someone you would see in the The Twilight Zone. Seeing things no one else can see. Nobody believes him. Drunk. This has The Twilight Zone written all over it.




                     

                                                                                                                           10-13-2014, 11-15-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment