Saturday, July 4, 2015

God Wants Our Hearts

"'Hey, look there's your favorite customer!" I said sarcastically to Ash. Pointing towards a man named Dusty outside at the gas pumps.
 "Haha. Yeah right." Ash replied. As we watched him talk with some people at the gas pump. "I really don't get how come nobody else sees him as obnoxious as I do."
 "Maybe they do. It's probably just an unspoken rule." Right as I finished talking Dusty walked into the store, straight up to the register where Ash was standing. I chuckled at the timing.
 "We're having a party tonight. Do you guys want to go?" As he asked, he glanced at me. "We're gonna do some skinny dipping and drinking." He added, trying to make his party sound more exciting.
 "I have to go to church tomorrow." I said, in a joking, yet serious tone.
 Dusty laughed at my response. "That's perfect, you'll wash all your sins that you commit tonight away." I just laughed, although what he said couldn't be more wrong.
 The thing is, it doesn't work like that. God wants our hearts, if I willing go to come party like that with the intent that it's okay as long as I wash my sins away the next day my heart isn't in the right place, I wouldn't be truly be sorry.
 God doesn't call us to wash away our sins. Only He can do that. God calls us to repent. Which is to turn away from our sinful nature. I'm not turning away from something from something if I'm headed straight for it... If every weekend I go out partying with booze and drugs, and then go to church on Sunday only to ask forgiveness, then repeat that cycle the next week, that's crazy. My heart wouldn't be right with God. He doesn't want me to just ask for forgiveness, he wants me to prove that I'm sorry and quit doing whatever I'm doing to displease him.
 I know I've talked about how I'm living a life of sin right now, but don't get me wrong, there's a difference from trying to quit living your life of sin, and willing living in it with no regret. I've been struggling really hard, while most people think of struggling as a bad thing, in this case the struggle shows me I'm trying to live for God. If there isn't any struggle that's when to be concerned.







                                                                                                                                                05-02-2015

1 comment:

  1. In case anyone is confused, this is the same Dusty that is in Be Careful Little Feet Where You Go. I starting writing this one first, but kept forgetting about it and writing new ones instead.

    ReplyDelete