Sunday, October 11, 2015

Why?

I am finally starting to actually like working at Bi-Lo. I would have to say the main reason is because people are finally starting to be nice to me. My first two weeks were horrible. Everyone was rude, mainly the check crowd though.
 When I was training I was told to ID everyone who wrote a check. I needed their license number and date of birth. I didn't really think that would be a problem for people, but boy was I wrong.
 Who should I start with? The Asian lady who thought I was IDing her because of her race? The man who refused to go in my line because I would ID him? The women who simply flat out said no as rude as she could? The man who made a big scene yelling at me saying he won't give his ID? Those are just a few people who stood out to me through this entire ordeal. They all had one thing is common; Everyone said that no one else ever made them show their ID to write a check. What the heck?! This ordeal has been so close to bringing me to tears in front of customers! They were that rude to me, I'm not even kidding.
 They made rules for me to ID everyone that wrote a check, yet no one else did. How is that fair? I had to deal with so many rude people because of this. How is that right? It's not. Either way it's a lose lose situation for me. If I asked for their ID I would get yelled at by the customer, if I didn't I would get written up. How is that fair? It's not. Please don't make rules that not everyone has to follow because if you do you'll create the same situation I have on my hands. It's not fun, I dreaded coming into work because of this issue. I've never dreaded working before.
 To bosses: Don't make rules that only new employees have to follow. It's not right for me to get yelled at just because someone refuses to give their ID because they've never been made to in the past. Rules are rules, enforce them with everyone that'll make it way less stressful for your employees.
 To customers: I don't care if I'm the first person to ever ID you. I'm doing my job, if you don't like it take it up with my boss not me. I'm just like you, I need an income to survive. I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep my job, even if it's going to make you mad. Just deal with it, I'm only doing my job...

                                                                                                                                                10-11-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment