Friday, January 23, 2015

God Will Provide

  Last week was awesome... I was given sixty five dollars in "tips". Yay! I love tips, especially since I ever get them. Cashiers rarely get tips.
 A regular customer came in and bought some lottery and cigarettes. We small talked a little, not really much. Out of the blue he told me he forgot to give me my Christmas present. I of course thought he was joking. There are a lot of customers that joke about giving me something, but all of them are doing just that, joking. I laughed it off. Then he handed me a fifty dollar bill. I wasn't sure what to even say, I tried giving it back, but he wouldn't take it back. So I just thanked him.
  Two days after I had to close the store that night. During my shift an unusual amount of people kept handing me the wrong amount of change. I would have "made" over one hundred dollars that night if I was dishonest with everyone. I wasn't though. I gave everyone back the amount they should have got back, even if they didn't realize they gave me to much. I finally got off. As I was heading to my car I saw a ten dollar bill just laying on the side walk.
 The next day it was a normal day, nothing exciting really happened.  Although, a customer did give me five dollars! This one actually is kinda funny. This old man came in and asked if he could use the restroom which is right behind the register. Of course I let him use it. I forgot about the man, then an hour or so later this man comes out of the restroom hands me a five dollar bill and told me I saved his life... Needless to say, that bathroom stunk really bad.
  On my way home from work I was praying. Asking God why he had given me sixty five dollars when he could have given it to someone who actually needed it instead of me who has a lot of money saved in my bank account. I didn't need the money one bit, I thought maybe it was a "test", but that didn't make any sense because I have always been honest, this is something I don't struggle in. Finally I left it go. I told God that I didn't understand why he had gave me the money, but I'll leave it at that.I realized I didn't need to question why God had done that.
 During the same drive home I started to complain to God how my boyfriend/unofficial fiance is planning on taking a job that only pays 8.50 an hour. That is not enough to support a family! I just didn't see how it would work. But finally during that prayer I remembered the sixty five dollars he gave me. If God gave me this much money when I don't need it, how much more will God provide for me and my family when I do need it?
 Matthew 6:31-33 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
 I love that verse. If I start living the way I should God will make sure he provides for me. So, moral of this post is I'm gonna learn to trust in God more. Maybe I need to quit thinking about all of this so logically and just place it in God's hands and trust him in this. He provides for the birds, surely he will provide for me just as well. I just need to learn to trust God in everything. God will provide for me.
  


                                                                                                                                                 1-23-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment