Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I'm a Sinner in Desperate Need of God's Grace

         FRIDAY NIGHT:
  A few nights ago, Friday I believe, Bob came in at 7:56. Only four minutes before closing. That was okay, except I knew what he wanted. Scratcher lottery tickets. I already took the lottery down and the store was busy, I wouldn't have time to redo everything I've already done. I told him in advance I already took it down, then he gave me a disappointed look.
 "Why can't you sell me tickets anyways, all you have to do is take them out."
 "I can't because it's four minutes before I close, I have other things to do." I paused for a brief second. "I don't have time to redo the lottery, sorry."
 "Oh come on, please. This is the only reason I came here. I won't do it again, I promise."
 "Okay." I hate telling people no, and I didn't want to make him mad.
 "Thanks, I won't get very many."
 That was the end of that story. I wasn't mad at him by any means, I just a little annoyed because he knows what time the store closes, yet almost every night he comes right at close. I'm normally nice and just get him some, but as I already said I didn't have the time that night. Just so you know he lost on the tickets he bought. I know I probably shouldn't have been happy that he lost, but I was.

                   

       MONDAY NIGHT:
 He came in again a few nights later, thankfully this time it was only 7:20.
 "How are you today?" I asked him smiling.
 "I'm blesssssssed." He answered with a half smile. -That is how he always answers, I think that's his way of making fun of my beliefs.- I only smile back. "Looks like you aren't angry today." I knew exactly what he was talking about, he thought I was angry Friday night.
 I half smiled. "Looks like someone is here before four minutes until closing time."
 "I don't know why you guys take the lottery down that soon anyways." Before I had time to answer he changed the subject. "Churchgoers aren't suppose to get angry." He laughed like he was trying to make me feel bad about being "angry". I did feel bad though, I'm suppose to be an example to people like him, even on my Bad Days. I wasn't being a very good example if he thought I was angry.
 "Well, I wasn't angry, only just a little irritated."
 Somehow that started a conversation about how he never gets angry, but that other part of the conversation has nothing to do with this. I should add, I've seen him angry, he's not as perfect as he was trying to sound there.
 As he was scratching his tickets, I kept thinking of how he told me churchgoers aren't suppose to get angry and what I wished I would have told him. I wish I would have simply told him I need Jesus.



           WEDNESDAY MORNING:
 Here's the thing, I am a sinner in need of God's grace. I'm not perfect. I get angry, I think thoughts I shouldn't, I lie, I covet, I have people that I dislike, I put other things before God, I'm selfish, I'm lazy, I cheat, I have lustful thoughts and act on them. Lets face it, I reject God daily. I'll admit it, I hate to admit it, but I'm no angel. I'm far from perfect, but that's why I still need Jesus.
 If I was perfect, like your idea churchgoer, I wouldn't need Jesus. I'd be okay on my own, but I'm not. I need Jesus. The funny thing is churchgoers need Jesus too. I've heard so many people say they won't go to church because there's to many hypocrites there. NEWS FLASH: That's why people go to church, because they need Jesus. Church is a hospital for sinners. Their hypocrisy just shows me how much they need Jesus, it shows me that they understand how they are suppose to live, but they still have their struggles. That's why they are in church. That's why I am in church, not because I have it all figured out, but because I don't. I'm a sinner in desperate need of God's grace.
 Just to clarify, I'm not saying it's okay to sin because Jesus forgives us anyways, I know I still need to strive to be the best I can be. All I'm trying to say is that I'm just like you; I need Jesus...



Unimportant Side Note: Man, Bob just keeps showing up in my blogs... He was in Money and Planting Seeds also.



                                                                                                                                                01-25-2015    

No comments:

Post a Comment