Monday, March 30, 2015

Blonde Moments

   If you're anything like I am, you hate having blonde moments. Really, you don't mind that much, as long as you're the only one who knows about whatever your blonde moment might have been.
 I had a blonde moment today, actually it lasted more then a moment, it lasted half of an hour.
 My boss called and told me to change the gas prices around 6:30. I don't mind changing the gas prices, it's easy and I've probably done it less then thirty times, but still it's easy. Although it's easy I still hate changing them because I don't want to mess up and accidentally change the prices wrong, and I can't change them while people are pumping gas, so I have to go out there and ask them to wait. Almost most people don't mind waiting, I feel like I'm being rude, especially if the prices are going up; like they were tonight.
  It was decently busy, or at least the pumps were, I was started to worry because I needed to send Ash home at 7:00, but I couldn't change the prices because the pumps were just to busy. Finally at 7:05 the pumps were empty, Ash offered to stay for a minute to make sure no one pumped. That was awesome. I did every step careful, trying not to mess up. Once I got done, Ash checked to see if the prices on the pump had changed. They didn't. It still said 2.10. By the time she came in and told me, the pumps were full again. Grr. I waited, once they were empty I tried changing the prices again, doing every step even more careful then the first time, just in case I had missed a step, which caused it not to change. Ash went back outside to see if the prices had changed, it still didn't work. At this point, I'm so confused and have no idea what's going on, so I call my sister (the manger) and asked her what to do. I asked Ash to stay longer also, so I could figure this out without having to watch the register. My sister asked me to try changing the prices one more time, so I waited for people to finish  pumping and I tried changing it again. Once again, I was very careful doing all the steps. Still nothing. At this point I decided it wasn't me and lost hope of being able to change the prices without calling my boss, whom I hate bothering. My sister told me to try clearing the DCR's. Which basically just resets the pumps. She told me where to find the instructions on how to do it. As I followed these instructions I was even more careful, I had never done this before at all, so I didn't want to make things worst. Clearing the DCR's took about 10 minutes. Once they were cleared my sister told me to change the gas prices one more time, then if this didn't work I would just have to call my boss. I waited for a lady to finish pumping then I started to change the prices, as I was doing the last step, I realized something. I was hitting the  ''yes'' button, not ''enter'' like I usually do... Sure enough, after I hit the enter button the prices changed. I can't even describe how stupid I felt at that moment. I had wasted Saddie's (my sister), Ash's and my own time. Half an hour wasted just because I was being blonde! Wow. I'm just so glad I realized what  I was doing wrong before I called my boss.
 Everyone I told this story to said the same thing. ''Everyone has moments like that.'' I still tried and bring myself down over this, I know it wasn't anything big but I still felt stupid.
 The thing is, everyone's response couldn't have been anymore right. Blonde moments are just a part of life, they happen to everyone. There's no getting around it. There's no need to bring myself down over anything, especially just a blonde moment like that. In five years nobody is going to be mad over that incident, most likely they won't remember it. So lighten up, and laugh at your blonde moments, and make the best out of them.

                                                                                                                                                03-18-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment