Saturday, March 7, 2015

It's Not Worth It

 Sometimes people really bother me. This kid comes in who is 18, maybe 19.
  "You know the other lady that works here." He paused waiting for my response.
  "Ah, yeah. Ash? The one with the glasses?"
  "I  think, I'm  not sure." He rolled his eyes. "The crazy eyed one."
  "Yeah, that's Ash." Honestly, I've never noticed her "crazy  eye", but the only reason I still knew it was  her was because my boyfriend told me she had one.
 "Anyways, she freakin' (Okay, the word he used here did start  with  a F, but  it wasn't exactly this word. I won't repeat it.) carded me." I wasn't exactly sure what to say to this. "And I didn't have it one me, it was in my truck."
 "Uh yeah." I paused for a brief second. "We're suppose to card any one under 27." He looked shocked.
 "Oh, I didn't know that." His friend patted him on the back. "You must like me, you never card me."
  "I never card you because I remember carding you last year when you first turned 18..." Yes, in case any one was wondering I have an excellent memory.

Later as that night progressed another guy came in with two of his cousins.  I looked at the guy and thought he was gonna buy some tobacco and thought that he's probably still to young. When they got to the cash register the oldest cousin bought a pack of cigarettes. As they was leaving the guy started talking to his cousins.
 He said "The other day I went to the gas station  and they freakin' (Once again, I changed the word.) carded me! He paused waiting for her response, but then decided not to give her a chance to say anything. "I mean seriously, I know I don't look younger than 18."
Are you kidding me? Both these boys were under 20, I know that much for a fact. Why is it so shocking to them that someone carded them? By law we really are suppose to ID anyone under 27 for tobacco products. Not to mention, by law you are suppose to have your ID on you for us to sell it to you, even if we know you're over 18.
I've said it before, and I will say it again, it's not worth the fine if I got caught selling to someone underage. Enough said.
03-07-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment