Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Pick The Money Up, Then Take Shelter!

  Last Wednesday the area I work in was in a tornado warning, not watch, but an actual warning. The sirens were going off in town. There is no storm shelter where I work either. I would have had two choices: The ditch, or the walk-in. If I went to the ditch I would have been washed away, there was a whole lot of rain, the roads were flooding, so yes, that really could have happened. If I went to the walk-in and the tornado hit most likely all the shelves and 30pks of beer would have fell on me. Either way I would have ended up hurt. My boss of course knows this, but he didn't care. Every other place in my area had closed down. Instead I stayed open, and even got a call from the bosses girlfriend that if I see a tornado to put the money in the safe then take shelter. Is it just me or is that messed up.
  Sorry to tell you this, but my life will never get put before money ever will. Money can be replaced, I can't be. There will never be another me. If it looks like there is going to be anything that could put my life in danger, you better believe I'm not going to waste my time picking up some worthless money.
 Thankfully, everything turned out okay, the tornado ended up going a different direction. All is well. It just really bothers me what my bosses girlfriend said to me. How can you care about someone so little, you more or less tell them that money is more important then they are. That's crazy.
 After last Wednesday I have one more reason to add to 9 Reasons Why I Will Be Quitting My Job. 10. My boss cares more about his money then he does about his employees.
  He would rather me stay open with a potential tornado headed my way then to have me close the store just two hours early. It would have been different if there was a storm shelter, but there wasn't. He knew I would have no place to take shelter from the tornado. Maybe most bosses would do the same as he did, but it still doesn't make it right...



                                                                                                                                                07-01-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment