Friday, July 17, 2015

Please Don't Give Up

 The past few days I have been sick. Wednesday was the worst day out of the two. I had a fever, sore throat, headache, and towards the end of the night my stomach was hurting. Yesterday and today it's mainly just the sore throat.
  If I would have been off on Wednesday it wouldn't have been that bad, but I had to work. As you can imagine I was wiped out the entire day. All I wanted to do was go home and lay in my bed and sleep, but obviously I couldn't.
 I'll be honest, while working I was lazier then normal, but I think that was still acceptable with how lousy I felt. There was times where I would just go into the back room and I would just sit down on the floor and take a two minute break. During those breaks all I could think about was how I just wanted to give up with working and take a nice long nap. This might sound silly to some, but I would pray every time for God to give me the strength to keep working. Guess what, it worked. Although as tempting as the nap sounded I wouldn't have no matter what because I knew that if I took it, I would have got into trouble. The prayers just made it easier for me to do what I knew was right.
 After the day was over and I was on my way home I realized my desire to give up at work is no different then the battle I'm facing right now. I'm trying so hard to live a pure life, yet there are days I don't feel like trying anymore. I just want to give up. Most days when that desire to give up comes, I do. I give up. How crazy is that? I wouldn't give up with working because I would get in trouble with my boss, yet I'm okay with giving up on living a pure life because I'll get in trouble with God? Shouldn't I be more concerned with getting in trouble with God then my boss? That is messed up, and needs to change today.
 Whatever you're going through, whether it's waiting for the person God has planned for you, trying to achieve a fit body, working hard for a promotion, trying to get a good relationship with your family, a day at work being sick, or in my case a battle between my sinful nature and the spirit, whatever you do don't give up!! There are days it's going to be so hard. Your body and mind will just keeps telling you to take that nap, to get away from it all. Don't listen. After every storm comes a rainbow. Going to bed after that long day at work was certainly my rainbow, and it was awesome! So please, don't give up.




                                                                                                                                                07-15-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment