Sunday, August 3, 2014

Good Intentions

  I think I broke the stapler... I had good intentions, I guess. Sometimes good intentions isn't enough. You need to know what your doing or well things might end up like this stapler. Broke.
  It was yesterday, Saturday night. You would think in theory since its a Saturday we are busy, I wouldn't have time to mess around with a stapler, but my sisters (yeah that's right, my sisters and I work at the same place, its awesome :)) had already done almost everything for me, so by 3:00 I was already done with everything until 5:00.
  I began to test my newly found theory. The night before my brother showed me how almost every stapler has two settings. The normal one and the tacking one. The tacking setting is meant for thicker stuff, like card bored. I thought that the tacking setting would work for a lot of credit card receipts. Instead of rubber banding them I would staple them.
  I broke the stapler trying to change the setting, it was self-explainotory on the other stapler he showed me, but this one was a little harder.
After I broke it I tried to fix it, spent at least thirty minutes on it, finally I settled for rubber banding the piece that was broke. Now it works, but its still broke.
 I feel really stupid about the whole thing. I had two choices, just leave it there and make the person who works the next day wonder what had happened to it, or I could leave a note saying I broke it. I was all for option #1, but option #2 is definitely a more honest option.



                                                                                                                                                08-03-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment