Friday, August 8, 2014

Worth the Wait

 Work was busy tonight. Well somewhat busy anyways, I worked the "floor" (which basically means I'm doing everything, but the register). The morning person (my sister) didn't really do much for me, but that's okay, she was busy doing other stuff, and she's my sister so I didn't mind.
 I was so busy in fact I had the person working the register stay 15 minutes longer then normal. After she left I was doing stuff in between customers. I had to eat dinner, total the sum of all the checks togther, and count the cash fund, only 45 minutest to get all of this done. I know it seems like a lot of time for those 3 simple things, but its not when you consider I have to do all of this in-between customers.
  Customers kept coming in constantly, I didn't have time to go get my dinner out of the freezer, a Tony's mini pizza my sister had bought me. I was so hungry, I didn't really eat anything at all today before that. As silly as this might sound I was starting to get annoyed that I probably wouldn't be able to eat dinner tonight, I kept telling myself that it didn't matter. I didn't want to wait to eat, I wanted to eat then.
 Finally 7:30 rolls around as there's no customers in the store, so I go back to the pizza freezer and grab a classic pepperoni, my favorite. I put in in the microwave for 4 minutes, even though I really wasn't expecting to get to eat it until at least 8:00. Then I start counting the cash fund, to my surprise I was able to get the cash fund counted without any customers coming in, I can't tell you how long its been since I've been able to do that. Next, I start adding the sum of all the checks together, I finished once without customers, then I had to total it up again to make sure my first amount was right, which it was by the way. Right before I finished with it the second time a customer came in, but I was still able to finish totaling before he was ready to be checked out. That's a first again, I was able to finish both the cash fund and counted the checks without any customers! Win! That was too good to be true, so surely I won't be able to finish dinner in peace I thought. I was wrong, that was one of the first times since I started working here two years ago I have been able to eat dinner without any customers. Double win!
 I got a lesson out of this, might seem strange, but I did. Waiting is worth it. If I ate earlier when I wanted to, I would have ate with customers still in the store. I would have took one bite of my pizza, checked out a customer, then take another bite, then so forth. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy my dinner. Until tonight I couldn't even tell you the last time I enjoyed my dinner "break" at work.
 Right now, my biggest struggle is not having a boyfriend, actually this might sound crazy, but I am almost 20 years old and I have never had a boyfriend. I hate it, I really do. I want a boyfriend today. I want someone to talk to that really truly cares, someone that I can kiss, someone I can laugh with, someone I can go places with, someone I can workout with at the gym, I want someone to love me for who I am, no conditions. The thing is there is not a single guy that exists in my world today. Well never mind, there are a few, but those few aren't the type of guy I want. If I were to settle for one of them right now, it would be a total disaster. One of those 3 week relationships, almost guaranteed. The guy I am going to marry is worth waiting for, he's worth not dating every single guy I meet. He's worth waiting for, just like my dinner tonight was.




                                                                                                                                                08-08-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment