Friday, November 7, 2014

Never Settle For Less

 Tonight at work I saw someone I haven't seen in forever. Yes, he's a guy... He used to come into my work pretty much everyday, and we would talk about random things for what seemed forever to me. I actually kinda had a crush on this guy. I haven't seen him for several months now, because he quit his job here in L.J. Seeing him again made me think a lot.
 Why would I like a guy like that anyway? He isn't a Christian, he's a little younger then I am, I am not attracted to him. He drank quite a bit, he chewed, and he is a little bit on the chunky side. There was nothing about him that I wanted in a guy. What was it about him that made me like him then? I was desperate. I had just came through a long spell of having no guys in my life whatsoever.
 Every time I saw him, I wanted him to ask me out so bad. He never did though. Literally a week after I started actually liking him he quit his job, and boom, he was gone. He disappeared. I truly think That Was God. God made him disappear completely from my life, because God knew I would have settled for this guy. I have a few other stories of guys I was willing to settle for, but those are stories for a different day.
 It really bothers me to realize I was willing to settle for some guy that was nothing like the man I have always dreamed about, just because I didn't think my dream guy even existed. Guess what, he does.
  Recently, I met this other guy at work. My boyfriend. He is so amazing, pretty much everything I want. He's my dream guy. He's the guy I didn't think even existed. I know now if I would have went out with the other guys like I had wanted, I would have ruined my chance with this so freakin' amazingly awesome guy. That's a horrible thought. I love this guy so much, I don't want  to even image how my life would have turned out if I never met him.
  Don't settle for less: You know what you want, don't take anything different just because you're desperate. If you settle, you are going to end up one very unhappy person. Whatever you're waiting for is Worth the Wait. I know my boyfriend/future husband was most definitely worth waiting for.














                                                                                                                                                11-05-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment