Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Angry Father...

    This couple came in to work one day, they had two kids; a girl and a boy. Well, while the couple started to shop, the boy grabbed a shopping cart. He was chasing the girl with it around the entire store, with it. I was thinking, “Seriously? What type of parents let their kids just run around playing in a store like that.” Of course as I’m standing by the register I’m trying to think of a nice way to tell the child to put up the cart before he breaks something, but me being me, I couldn’t bring myself to scold him, the parents were right there, and I looked across the store and seen my boss sitting at the table talking with his father, so I decided that my boss would deal with the children if need be (I just pretended to be busy just in case the child did break something, my boss wouldn’t blame me for not telling the boy to pick up the cart). Well soon enough, my boss did. Apparently he jerked the cart away from the boy, the father was furious. Of course, my boss probably should have handled the situation without jerking the cart, but that’s besides the point. Anyways, as I already said, the father was furious with my boss, yelling at him, my boss said “Just let me explain, what I did” the father quickly responded with a very angry voice “You don’t need to explain, I saw with my very own eyes!!” My boss replied and a very clam voice again, “I was trying...” Then the mother who was standing over by the register  interrupted my boss and said “Mind your own business”. Well, of course my boss was minding his own business, after all, this is his store, right? After the mother said that, the children’s father said “Come on, put the stuff down, we’re not buying anything from here!” So as they were leaving my boss said something like “Keep an eye on your kids” and once again the angry man responded quickly, “Keep an eye on your life!” What a funny comeback I thought to myself. So, after they had left my boss was talking to me about all of it and laughing, I was laughing inside as well, sure maybe I shouldn’t have, I completely understood both sides (The father doesn’t want other people scolding his kids, and possibly hurting them, while my boss has thousands of dollars of merchandise that the child could very well have damaged as wild as he was running throughout the store with that cart).
    The point of my story is this; sure there are things in life that we get mad at, and some of it we have every right in the world to be mad. So what do we do? We yell, scream, act hateful towards whomever we are mad at, at the time, but what good does it really do? Did this father accomplish anything? Well of course not. In the end, the father had made himself look like a fool in fact. The same do we when we get mad, everyone around us doesn’t seem to get why we are so upset, and even if they do, they don’t get why someone would get that mad over something that little. Just think for a moment. What’s stuff like that matter anyways? A little secret, at the end of the day it doesn’t...
                                                                                                                                                08-31-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment