Monday, September 9, 2013

There's A World Outside Of Me

   Nothing like waking up 10 minutes before you have to leave. Suddenly, you have no clean laundry. You have no time to eat breakfast, no time to get ready as you usually do. It just makes everything so frustrating, so yeah you aren’t gonna be in a good mood. Well, that was me this morning. Then to top it all off my brother decided he wanted to talk, eh no, I was not in the mood; I couldn’t find a clean shirt, the only jeans I found are ones I absolutely hate, they make me look fat. :/ I had no time for make up (of course, I only put on massacre, but still), couldn’t read my Bible this morning, and I was super tired. No joke. So, anyways,  thankfully I can get ready in ten minutes or less, it actually it took my eight minutes today. So impressed. So, yes I got to work on time. Yay! That’s all that really matter is that I wasn’t late. Shortly after I start working, this older guy comes in, he is always super nice.  Here’s our conversation:
Me: “How are you?”
Him: “Tired”
Me: “Oh, yeah? Me too. Woke up ten minutes before I had to leave
Him: “That’s never good”
Me: “Nope, its not”
Him: “I’m gonna go home and sleep
Me: “Yeah”
Him: “Well you have a good day”
Me: “You have a great day also”
   As he’s leaving I thought oh yeah that’s right, he works the “graveyard” shift, and here I am complaining about how tired I am. I shouldn’t be complaining at all, its morning so yeah I’m gonna be tired, but he hasn’t even got any of his sleep yet. So, I kinda felt a little silly. Anyways, I know this isn’t the best example of what I’m trying to say, but think about it. Here’s a part of a song by Hawk Nelson, that I absolutely love. It’s called Shaken.

I’ve stood alone a million times
That's not the same as being alone
I've felt ignored and left behind before
That's not the same as being disowned

Open my eyes and help me see
There's a world outside of me
I'm no different, I want to make a difference tonight


   How true is that? We get so rapped up in our little lives, we forget  that there’s a world outside of us. We see what’s happened/happening in our lives and we have a pity party?! Yet, there are so many people that have it way worst then we do! And we don’t care? Sure, its not our problem, but we still should care, and do what we can to make a difference.



                                                                                                                                                09-09-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment