Wednesday, December 24, 2014

No Room In the Inn

 It's Christmas tomorrow! I love Christmas! I was wiping down the shelves, checking the dates on all the items, and pulling the grocery items forward to make everything look nice the other day. While I was doing this I heard a Christmas song on the radio. The song I heard mentioned something about how there was no room for Jesus in the inn. That line got me thinking.
 There was no room in the inn for Jesus. He was born in a filthy stable instead. It's kinda disappointing to hear that, He's king! He deserved to be born somewhere nice and clean.
 Even now, as Christians there is no room for Jesus. Just like there was no room for Jesus in the inn, there is no room for Jesus in our lives. We cram our days with so many things it's hard to fit everything we need to do in it, so we do only what we find most important. How sad is that; There is no room for Jesus in our lives because we replaced him with the filthy lust of this world. Everyday we choose this world over Jesus. He should be king of our lives, not this world.
 We claim to be Christians yet there is no evidence of Christ in our lives. We're to busy for him.
Church?  I stayed up late last night I'm to tired. The Bible? I'm to busy. My day is booked I don't have time to read the Bible. It doesn't apply to be anyways. Prayer? What's the point? I doubt praying will do anything. Witness? I'll sound stupid. Music that praises God? Nah, I like my brake up, drunkin' parties, sex filled songs to much. We will come up with just about any excuse or justification to help us feel better about leaving Jesus out of our lives. The thing is God isn't fooled by them. He saw you could have left that party early, so you could wake up early to go to church. He saw you watching television when you could have been reading the Bible or praying. He sees our hearts. In the same way that you make time for your family and friends, if God really is important to you, you will make time for him.
It would be easy for Jesus to be in our lives constantly if somehow he was just forced in it. There would be no problem then. But we need to make room for Jesus, in the end he is the only thing that matters in the end anyways.
 Where is Jesus in your day? Is there room for Him? I hope so, I know this is something I've always struggled with. Jesus died for us, so that we have a way to heaven to live with Him eternally! The least we can do is bring him into our everyday lives.





 As you go through your day, remember to make room for Jesus. Here is one of my favorite Christmas songs, with a great reminder. Without Christ Christmas is nothing. This Is Christmas. I hope you have a very merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment