Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Money

  Let me give you a background a guy named "Bob". He makes really good money,but gambles it away. He has a nice house. He used to come in every day and buy at least $100 worth of lottery. He doesn't come in that often any more, but only because he got in a fight with my boss, and we now won't take credit or debit cards for lottery, and he doesn't carry that much cash very often. He seems like a very unhappy man. He's always griping and complaining about one thing or another. He's a very negative person.
 Here's a conversation I had with him the other day. He was buying scratchers.
  Me: "Did you win?"
  Him: "Not enough."
  Me: "Never is--"
  Him: "Not enough to put me out of my misery.".

 He was serious! I'm used to people joking about that, but it was easy to tell he wasn't joking. I wanted to reply and tell it that it doesn't matter how much he wins, money will never put anyone out of their misery.
 There's a song called "Man Whatcha Doin'" by Fm Static (awesomest band ever!). I used to play this song on repeat on my CD player when I was younger.
 **Man, whatcha doin?
Don't ya know that, money can't
Buy you love? It can't make you happy,
Happy like, havin' someone to laugh with
Man whatcha doin'?
Don't cha know that, money can't make it right,
You need to love yourself my man,
Before you love somebody else
**
 The chorus of this song pretty well explains what I should have said to him. Money will not put you out of your misery. The only thing that will put you out of your misery is changing your Perspective.
Money can only buy stuff you can't take with you. When you die what have you really gained by money? Nothing.
 You're looking for happiness in the wrong place buddy. Jesus can give you that happiness you're looking for! You don't need to play the lottery, you don't need to win a million dollars, you need Jesus. The happiness he can give you is eternal!


  
                                                                                                                                                09-23-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment