Saturday, September 6, 2014

God's Got This Under Control

 Tonight I found out that one of my co-workers ("Ash"), lost her main job. Now she's planning on going to full time here. What's the big deal? One reason I'm obsessing over this so much is my hours. With winter coming up I am already going to lose quite a few hours. Now with her working full time also, my hours will be cut a lot! The manger (my sister), and the "assistant" manger (the bosses girlfriend), has already talked about this a little bit. So far, they've came up with one way for this to work. My other sister will lose 5 hours, and "Ash" will get two of my closing shifts. Which means I will lose at least 4 hours there. This winter we will be closing at 8:00P.M. instead of 9:00P.M. so there's another 3 hours I will lose. If my calculations are correct that will bring me down too at least 32 hours a week!
 I have three options: stick it out, quit and find another job, or find a part time job, and work two jobs. I have already ruled out option #1, I won't. I'm not making enough too only be working 32 hours or less. I hate the idea of option #2. I love this job, and people depend on me here. That leaves me with option #3. That is going too be stressful, with working two jobs, but it's my last option. I'll have too.
 Honestly, I almost threatened to quit when my sister (the manger), told me I will lose that many hours. It was over text so I had plenty of time to think before I "spoke". I know I am valuable where I work, so I wanted to remind her if things don't go my way I'm gone and they will have to replace me, but I realized this doesn't revolve around me. Yeah, it stinks that I'll lose that many hours, but "Ash" actually lost her job! She has a family to support, while I'm still living at home with very few bills. She needs this job more then I do. So, I will let her have my hours, I'll just start working two jobs. It'll all work out. God's got this under control.






                                                                                                                                                09-06-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment