Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Perspective

 Customer: "What are you so happy for?"
 Me: "I don't know."
 Customer: "Had a good life?"
 Me: "Yeah, I have."
 Customer: "Cause mine sucks."

 Here's the thing, if I wanted I could say my life sucks. I was home "schooled", I didn't get an education, I never had any friends (I still don't), I didn't get my license until I was 18, I have a low paying job at a grocery store, I live in a trailer with my parents because I can't afford to move out, I've never had a boyfriend, my brother won't even look at me, the list can go on and on about how my life "sucks". It doesn't though, I love my life. We each have two choices on how we view life, we can complain about our lives and how "bad" it is, or we can look at our lives and see how blessed we truly are. Perspective is the key to a good life.
 I will admit I used to have a sour perspective, as you can tell if you ever read Sometimes Life Is So Depressing. I really thought my life sucked, I was too blind to see all the amazing things I had in life. I could only see what I didn't have. I posted something I wrote awhile ago today in my other blog "Just Randomness :)". Happiness. It's related to this. Some of the problem is because we are only focusing on ourselves. Once I learned life isn't about me, I started to actually be happy in life. 




                                                                                                                                                09-03-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment