Friday, September 26, 2014

Parenting

 Three teens came in the other day, there was two girls and a boy. I've saw all three of them before. One of the girls was wearing a dress. I always try to keep in eye on these teens, they are super loud and hyper. I don't really trust them, I have a bad feeling they are going to steal something while I'm not looking or something.
 I was wandering throughout the store doing little odd jobs, I walk over to the meat and hear the teens so I look over, all three of them are huddle really close together and the girl with the dress on has it lifted up high enough for me to see her belly. What the heck? I probably should have said something too her, but in shock I keep walking until I'm out of site. I heard all three of them laughing because of my reaction as I walked away. I grabbed a tray of hamburger and went back to the meat hoping her dress was pulled down, because I was planning on telling her that isn't polite, and well I really didn't want to say anything to her, I knew it would cause a scene. They had all left that area when I went back. I tell my coworker to help keep in eye on those three then continue to do my job.
 Who I think was the mother of the teenage girl that lifted up her dress came inside and went over to them. The girl continued to randomly lift up her dress over and over. The mother finally told her to stop, which is good cause I was about too. After that I didn't see her do it again.
 Once they left I started talking to my coworker. Obviously there was something wrong with those teens, all their behavior was just insane.
 "Do you think it was drugs?" I asked. I'm so oblivious on drugs, I don't know how to tell when someone uses, so I'll ask her.
 "Well actually, I think they need drugs," she pauses, but I know what she's about to say. "Like medication drugs". I nod, mostly agreeing with her. Medication doesn't fix everything. I believe medication doesn't actually fix most problems like that, medication is just a way to ignore the real problem.
 I still can't get over that. That girl was at least 14. I don't know about anyone else, but my parents taught me it is never okay to lift your dress up at 4. Why the heck she's 14 and still doing this, in PUBLIC I really don't know, I probably don't wanna know. Actually, I lied. I do know. She is still doing this because "at that age if you let them act like a child their gonna act like one." The main problem is lack of parenting. Plain and simple. It makes me sad to see so many kids like that, are uncontrollable because their parents didn't parent them. Parents need to step up and do their job; they need to love, discipline, and teach their kids the right way. So many parents really don't care.



                                                                                                                                                09-26-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment