Monday, September 29, 2014

Respect

I just got out of my car on a chilly fall day. I was just wearing my favorite pair of blue jeans and a plain old t-shirt. I started to head into work as I saw this truck pass me. The guy in the truck was waving, although I have never seen him before, I decided to wave back. He stops his truck and yells something. I start to take steps towards him too understand what he was saying, but in the middle of my step I realized I don't know this guy, I shouldn't get very close. He saw I stopped walking towards his truck so he backs up where he's right across from me.
"Are you single?"
"Um, yeah I'm-- No I'm not," His smile in his face wiped away immediately. "Sorry.".
"It's okay." then he drove off, leaving me wondering why the heck he only needed to take one look at me for him to decide he wanted to get to know me.
My body, that is exactly why it took only one look. He saw I had a nice body, and decided that was enough to know before he tries to ask me out.
This issue has really been bothering me here lately. If I was fat would guys be hitting on my all the time? If I was fat would guys still ask me out? Doesn't matter anymore I guess, it's just annoying. Shouldn't guys rather get to know me first though, instead of thinking "wow she has a good body. I'm gonna try and sleep with her" Grr. I don't want guys to only like me because of my body. I want them to like me for who I am, not what I am. But that's not the case most of the time.
 Respect really is part of this, I think. If guys learn how to respect women, they wouldn't look at her body and go "Wow! That's a great body, I'm gonna try and sleep with her".
 Being skinny has its flaws, well for me anyways. I guess some girls probably like the attention they get because of their bodies, but I absolutely cannot stand it. After this guy had asked if I was single I kept wishing I was fat! Call me crazy, but for two days after that I wanted to be fat. I'm happy with my body for the most part, yet for some reason I always am wanting to change it... I don't know... Anyways, this one doesn't have much of a point other then I wish guys would be more respectful.




                                                                                                                                                09-29-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment